Monday, 4 May 2015

BLACK ON BLACK ON BLACK

It is no surprise I enjoy wearing eyeliners. It was the first ever make up product I brought and I still love wearing them to this day. I thought it would be interesting to show you all of the black eyeliners I have in my 'collection'. I do not have a lot of black eyeliners, since I don't feel like I need to try every single one on the market, but I do have a few that I love.
Black eyeliners for me, is something I use when I want my eyes to be the main focus of my entire look - which is pretty much everyday since I don't really switch up my make up on a daily basis. Even though black eyeliners can be a little too harsh, I think if it is applied correctly, it can look timeless. So as you can see, I have six eyeliners (some of which are from my Sephora haul) and even though it can seem excessive, I adore all of these eyeliners. 
One of my all time favourites is the (mini deluxe) YSL Dessin Du Regard eye pencil in Black Ink (01). This is a very intense and creamy black eyeliner. I think this was one of the first products I brought from YSL and since it is waterproof, it lasts for a very long time on the waterline. Next up are the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencils. I have been obsessed with these eyeliners for a very long time now and for a good reason too! They are incredible creamy and very easy to work with. I have the shades Perversion (full size) and Zero (mini deluxe), and as you can see from the swatches above, Perversion is a lot more intense than Zero is. These are very easy to blend and once it dries, they will not budge at all. 
The NARS Larger Than Life longer eyeliner in Via Veneto (mini deluxe) is a new discovery for me. I have heard a lot about this shade but I never tried it until recently. It is a retractable eyeliner so it is great to use on the go plus it has a built in sharpener. It is super creamy, like all the other pencils I have and it is smudge proof too. Another new discovery is the Sephora Collection Contour eye pencil in Black Lace (01) (mini deluxe), I didn't think much of it when I first brought it but I was definitely proved wrong. It is waterproof, so it lasts for ages on the waterline and it has a matte formula! This is great since sometimes I do not want my eyeliner to have a 'glossy' finish to it and you can tell how much I have used it, since it is nearly finished!
Finally, the last eyeliner is no surprise for many of you since I do rave about it, here on my blog. It is the Marc Jacobs Highliner gel crayon in Blacquer (mini deluxe), there are no words to describe this eyeliner except from it is amazing! It is a retractable pencil so there is no need to use a sharpener. It is very creamy and it really does last all day on my eyes. The one thing I really like about this eyeliner is that it has a gel like finish, in the sense that because it is so smooth, does not tug on the skin and it is highly pigmented.

I currently do not have any 'drugstore' black eyeliners since I don't really buy eyeliners regularly, but when I have finished these I will definitely buy a few, since there are some great ones out at the moment. Which are your favourite eyeliners to use?



12 comments:

  1. That Marc Jacobs one looks amazing! Its so opaque and pigmented! too bad the price tag is not exactly user friendly :(

    Allie | RainyAllie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Marc Jacobs eyeliners are amazing, I cannot recommend them enough! Although the price tag is not exactly budget friendly ;)

      Delete
  2. I have the Urban Decay one in Perversion and LOVE it. Great post and swatches!

    Kal x
    Cluttered Closet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perversion is just a god send, it's amazing! & thank you so much Kal :)

      Delete
  3. I have the same YSL liner and I love it although Loreal make fantastic liners x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried Loreal's eyeliners in years, I think I might check them out when I've finished these :)

      Delete
  4. NARS all the way! great choices. www.shehearts.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to do the same for brown eyeliners!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x