Monday, 9 January 2017

NEW IN | THE ANASTASIA STICK FOUNDATIONS

Back when it was Black Friday, I made an order off from the Anastasia Beverly Hills' website. They had a few great deals going on, so I thought it would be a great chance to try her stick foundations.
Now, I've heard so many great things about the stick foundations. Everyone I speak to always raves about them so I knew I had to try it myself. I picked up three different shades (a highlight, a contour and my actual skin tone shade) and luckily the shade I chose to match my skin, was the perfect shade! In terms of packaging, the stick foundations are extremely sleek looking, with it being black and having rose gold accents, it will stand out in any persons make up bag or dressing table.
The shade which I chose to match my skin tone was 'Warm Natural' (light skin with warm undertones). I searched all over the internet, including other people's blog posts and videos and this was the shade I decided to be the best match for myself. If you are an NC30 in MAC, then this would be the perfect shade for yourself too! I then thought I should try a highlight and contour shade. I haven't quite mastered the whole highlight and contour trend, but these stick foundations make the whole job a lot easier! The 'Banana' shade is described as a 'pale yellow' and the 'Shadow shade is a 'caramel latte' shade. I apply both of these over my foundation, as I find that it looks a little bit more natural, especially the contour.
After trying these out for the last couple of weeks, I have found that they are extremely blendable and creamy. They are incredibly pigmented and provide full coverage however, they can also be sheered out, which is what I tend to prefer. It does not look cakey on the skin and once it sets, it provides a natural finish to the skin. I have been using a large kabuki brush to blend this out, however I find just using your fingers does a great job too!
I also picked up the ABH Waterproof Creme Colour in the shade Jet, which can either be a cream shadow or liner. I haven't used a gel eyeliner in years and whilst liquid eyeliners are nice, I just missed using a gel liner. I can get my 'flick' so precise and even, plus after hearing great reviews of the Waterproof Creme Colours, I knew I had to get it. It is said to not flake, fade or crease, which is definitely ideal for myself, whilst also providing a matte finish.

I have yet to try the Waterproof Creme Colour but I will definitely report back once I have. Also, ABH now ships to the UK and delivery is free over £25! Have you brought anything from ABH lately?

ABH Stick Foundation // $25 / £24
ABH Waterproof Creme Colour // $18 / £18

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x